With age comes many great things, but wrinkles aren’t on that list. Aging gracefully becomes difficult when wrinkles cause your face to sag and look worn. Thankfully, there are many ways to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Collagen is the protein that naturally produces smooth skin. As you age, your skin loses collagen and the dermal skin layer becomes thinner. When your skin loses collagen, it becomes increasingly difficult for the skin to restore itself, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
Take Care of Your Skin
There are many things that you can do to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and improve your skin’s elasticity:
- Avoid the sun – many studies show that sun exposure is the number one cause of wrinkles. When you do go out in the sun, wear sunscreen to protect yourself from skin cancer as well as wrinkles.
- Don’t Smoke – more studies are starting to expose that cigarette smoke ages skin by releasing an enzyme that breaks down collagen and elastin.
- Moisturize – moisturizer is an important part of your skincare routine, making lines and creases far less noticeable on the face. Invest in quality products and apply them routinely and as directed in order to maximize their effects. If you have questions about what specific face products meet your needs, feel free to ask your trusted skin care professional for an opinion.
- Antioxidants – eating a diet that is rich in antioxidants can help improve the condition of your skin by eliminating free radicals. Natural antioxidants include kale, spinach, blueberries, walnuts, and beans, to name a few.
There are both prescription and over-the-counter treatments that can also reduce wrinkles, including alpha-hydroxy acids, retinoids, vitamin C, idebenone, growth factors, and pentapeptides. Many of these wrinkle treatments have shown to be effective in reducing wrinkles and boosting collagen production.
There are also a host of medical treatments that can treat wrinkles, including Botox, wrinkle fillers, laser resurfacing, chemical peels, dermabrasion, and surgical facelifts. These wrinkle treatments have also been shown to be effective in reducing the appearance of unwanted lines and smoothing the skin.
Aesthetic treatments have opened up a whole new world of minimally invasive procedures to treat wrinkles. Palos Verdes Aesthetics is a leader in providing premium skin care procedures to help you achieve healthy, youthful skin. The following are two revolutionary treatments to consider:
- FaceTite, also known as the mini-facelift, delivers pristine surgical results without surgery. This minimally invasive procedure is very effective on any area of the face and neck. FaceTite utilizes radio-frequency energy to melt fat and tighten skin. The benefits of FaceTite include minimal downtime, it’s performed under local anesthesia or light sedation, it’s affordable, and it is relatively painless, especially compared to a surgical facelift. The result is a natural-looking, scar free, younger-looking you!
- Fractora is a skin tightening, anti-aging, and wrinkle treatment all in one. It is the most advanced fractional radio-frequency skin treatment on the market. It works by treating the skin with precisely-calibrated radio-frequency energy to tighten skin. This treatment can improve fine lines, deep wrinkles, scars, and discolored skin tones. Fractora is a completely non-invasive, quick, and painless procedure that uses a wand to deliver pulses to the skin. Fractora is most commonly used on the lower eyelids, upper eyelids, smile lines, cheeks, mouth, and neck. And, the best part, you will start to see results after one treatment!
Schedule Your Wrinkle Treatment in Palos Verdes, CA, Today!
If you’re interested in enhancing your appearance and telling Father Time to beat-it, schedule a consultation in our Palos Verdes office today to learn more about wrinkle treatments. We look forward to helping you achieve the appearance of the youthful, healthy skin you deserve!